Preliminary Agenda of Weekend Events
Friday: October 4, 2013
Each class or group of classes is organizing its own events for Friday afternoon/evening. Check our website in the weeks and months ahead for information on these activities. Please contact Bart Franey ’67 at email@example.com to post your plans on the website.
- Several classes are organizing their own golf events (anywhere from one to several foursomes) at various courses and clubs in the Fairfield area. If this sounds like a good idea to you reach out to your buddies and set something up!
- Career Networking - (3:00 – 4:30)
- This activity is being organized by the Celebration Committee in response to interest from the on-line survey. We anticipate that it will be held in Alumni House late afternoon on Friday. It would be an opportunity for current Ruggers and recent graduates to meet with Fairfield Rugby alumni to discuss the different industries and professions in which they work, opportunities that their businesses offer, and a chance to get to know each other. The event will run for one and a half to two hours, ending in time for participants to move on to other Friday evening activities.
- Classes and groups of classes are organizing their own dinner parties for Friday evening. Some of these are large enough to include six or seven class years, others are for the members of just one class. It’s up to you! Our website will provide the details as they are available.
Reach out to your teammates, classmates and friends; remember, it’s your responsibility to organize these (Golf, Group Dinner Parties) events. We will organize the Career Networking event.
Saturday: October 5, 2013 (morning schedule subject to change depending on participants)
- 10:00 am – Alumni Game/Men
- Based on the survey response to date, it appears that we will have two separate games; one for more recent graduates and one for “older gentlemen”.
- 11:00 am – Alumnae Game/Women
- Based on the survey response to date, it appears that we will have a seven a side or ten a side match for the Lady Ruggers.
- 11:30 Ceremony at Grauert Field
- 50th Anniversary of FURFC; special guests and tributes
- Barbecue at Grauert Field with opportunities for group photos and the purchase of 50th Anniversary memorabilia.
- 12:30 FURFC Men's A Match v.____TBD______
- 2:30 FURFC Women's A Match v. ______TBD______
- Group photo of all players and spectators after final match.
- Evening Gala Celebration (a very fancy Rugby party) under a tent on Bellarmine Lawn
- Dinner & Program - Beginning 7:30 pm
- Short Video Presentation about the Club (a longer video history of the Club on DVD will be given to each attendee)
- Special Recognition to include a Toast to the Club, Special Guests, Celebration of Milestones, thank you to the Grauert Family and Paul I. Davis (RIP), and introduction of our very own members of the FU Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Salute to Ruggers who have served our country and those who have left us; visit the In Memoriam website page to see who they are.
- After Parties ?
- If any are planned and you want the information posted let Bart Franey '67 know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday: October 6, 2013
- 11:00 AM Mass at Egan Chapel; further details TBD